September 19, 2017

Sign up to stay in touch! Follow Cotuit on Follow Empire on

Cotuit Liquors Empire Wine and Spirits

Combo

September 4*2*GO   –   Combo

2016 Kris Pinot Grigio, delle Venezie, Italy
This Italian Pinot Grigio shows depth of flavor in a bold, Northern Italian style. KRIS offers enticing aromas of acacia flowers, citrus, tangerine, and hints of almonds.

Critical Acclaim 2016 – Wine Advocate 88 Points
This is a highly recommended vintage of this easy-going value wine. The Kris 2016 Pinot Grigio (in a screw cap bottle) is a fresh and easy white with immediate and refreshing drinking appeal. The wine is luminous and bright, with an upfront array of fresh peach, papaya and passion fruit. It glides with silky ease over the palate and offers zesty freshness along the way. This is a good near-term option for outdoor lunches by the pool. You can’t beat that low price. Some three million bottles were produced, so you should have no problem locating this wine.

2015 Hess Collection Chardonnay, Napa Valley, California
To highlight this beautiful wine, 70% of the blend was put through Stainless fermentation to retain the fresh yellow stone fruit, citrus and pear flavors. The remaining 30% of the blend saw just a light touch of oak. Aged for 9 months in barrels and less stirred weekly for 4 months, results in a rich, complex wine that shows aromas and flavors of apple, white pear and a slight touch of tropical fruits, accented by aromas of honeysuckle.

Critical Acclaim 2015 – Wilfred Wong of Wine.com 91 Points
This wine offers a pleasing balance of ripe apple and savory oak flavors. Its crisp finish pairs it well with a roast game hen.

 

2016 Tilia Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina
Tilia, the Latin name for Linden, is a traditional tree throughout the wine country of Mendoza. Its flowers are used to make a popular herbal tea with calming properties. Aromas of black cherries and plums are accompanied by notes of violets and vanilla. On the palate the wine is rich and full-bodied with flavors of juicy blackberries, cranberries, and black currants abound, followed by notes of vanilla and sweet spice. For four years running the Tilia Malbec has scored 87 points or higher and has been named a “Best Buy” each year by the Wine Enthusiast. The Wine Advocate terms them “Great Value Wines”.

 

2015 Josh Cabernet Sauvignon, California
The bouquet is rich with dark fruits, cinnamon, clove and toasty oak flavors. The wine is juicy on the palate with blackcurrant and blackberry flavors prominent, accented by roasted almonds, vanilla and hazelnuts, finishing long with fine, firm tannins. The complex flavor of this wine complements just about any well-seasoned meat such as beef, pork, or lamb, followed by an indulgent dessert or espresso.